This year’s pinning ceremony for graduating nurses is May 17 at Roswell Park in the Hohn Lecture Hall. The D’Youville pin is presented to graduates signifying their commitment to the nursing profession. The Bachelor of Science Nursing program at D’Youville began in 1942 with the first graduating class in 1946. At the time, D’Youville was a women’s college. In 1971, the college became co-educational, and male nursing students were admitted. The 1980s and 90s saw an expansion of the program to include Masters degrees.